Sunday, August 15, 2021

Days of Speed and Slow-time Mondays

 When I first started this blog, for at least a couple weeks, it bore the name "Downing a Tubesteak at Midnight", which I thought was quite amusing... this is a mishearing of a lyric from The Jam tune "Down in a Tube Station at Midnight", a harrowing tale of getting roughed up in the London Underground. Anyway, it's been a while, and I'm trying to get back to my roots, so I'm going back to listening to Paul Weller. The way I see it, The Jam had six studio albums, The Style Council had five plus an ep, and Paul has 16 solo albums, so if I listened to and blogged on about one a day, that's about a month. I can find most of them as streams on YouTube, and I have several of the CDs. I mean, that's a lot of music. It's an impressive back catalog. And it's a plan I may give up on, but it's worth a go.

A few fun facts about Paul Weller to get started:

  • Played guitar on a song on Peter Gabriel's third album.
  • Played Come Together with Sir Paul on the Help! War Child compilation.
  • Referred to Sting as a "F'ing twat".
  • Originally played bass guitar in an early incarnation of The Jam.

No comments: